The crash reports that are generated after a crash are very helpful to locate the issue of the crash.
Please always e-mail these crash reports to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't send them to apple, otherwise the reports get lost.
To make sure the crash reports are complete, please email them in .zip format.
You can do this in Finder. Select the crash report file and under the right mouse choose for "compress".
To save the crash report, do as follows:
1) Press the button "Show details" in the crash report window.
2) Select all the text in the report (CMD-A) and copy (CMD-C)
3) Open TextEdit and paste the report using CMD-V
4) Save the text to a file.
5) Open Finder and locate the saved file.
6) Right click the file and choose compress.
7) Email the created zip file.